Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Book Review: 13 Little Blue Envelopes

13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson 


“Va-va-voom”
- Your Runaway Aunt


“Sometimes artist like to catch themselves looking out, let the world see them for once. Its a signature. This one is a very bold one. But this is also a witnessing. We want to remember, and we want to be remembered. That's why we paint.”
- Mari ( famous artist friend of Peg’s)




13 Little Blue Envelopes is a book about an adventure and finding one self. The story begins with Ginny who is the niece of an eccentric artistic aunt named Peg. Aunt Peg sets Ginny out on an adventure that will change her life forever.  Ginny travels the world with no way of knowing what she should do there or even find there. She goes on the prompt of 13 little Blue envelopes that were sent to her before her Aunt Peg died. This game of letters have been played before and is the last wish of Aunt Peg.  The book goes on and on as she meets new friends new experiences as she travels the country.

Overall I thought it was a good read. Not something I would overly engross my self in but overall the book kept me interested . Ginny started to grow on me after a while.I felt as if I was left hanging at the end.  But luckily there is one more book to go called the The Last Little Blue Envelope which continues the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment